How to Pack for A Vacation in Costa Rica
When it comes to packing for a vacation in Costa Rica, you want to make sure you account for sun, sand, and rainforest. Our travel list below will help you pack the essentials for your trip.
Packing for the Sun
- Sun hat – the wider the brim, the better
- Waterproof sunscreen of at least 30 SPF and SPF lip balm
- Sunglasses / prescription sunglasses
- Lightweight protective covering such as long-sleeved shirt or jacket with built-in SPF
- Lubricating eyedrops (as all that sun & glare can affect dry-eye)
- Flip-flops to wear on beach / at the pool
Packing for the Sand
- Two swimsuits (so you can wear one while the other is drying)
- Beach towel
- Book to read or MP3 player for music
- Sarong / kimono / mu-mu beach cover-up
Packing for the Rainforest
- Sturdy hiking / walking shoes are a must with padded socks
- Bug spray and anti-itch cream in case of bug bites
- Lightweight full length pants with plenty of pockets and perhaps zip-off legs
- Bird guide book / binoculars
Other recommended essentials include aspirin, bandaids, and clear zip close bags to keep certain items dry.
Note: this is not an exhaustive list and you may find there are other essentials you will need to include on your packing list. This list is meant as a generalized guide.